SMC Baseball Clinics are dedicated to all aspects of the game including skill development, game strategy, competition and mechanics. Each athlete will have the opportunity to develop their skills through individual instruction, group instruction and game experience. Saint Mary's College is very fortunate to have some of the finest collegiate coaches in Northern California. Head coach Eric Valenzuela hand selects and trains his staff, composed of top-level coaches and collegiate players. All instructors have been chosen for their extensive knowledge of the game of baseball and their enthusiasm to work with children and young athletes.
New Louis Guisto Baseball Field
5-WEEK PITCHING & CATCHING CLINIC!
Saint Mary’s College baseball is offering a small group pitching and catching camp designed to cover various mechanical drills and techniques in-depth for all skill levels. Camp is open to any and all player’s ages 6 through 8th grade. Players will be able to hone there pitching and catching skills. The emphasis of this camp is to teach and refine pitching and catching fundamentals, improve mechanics, and learn proper arm care and throwing program. Saint Mary’s assistant coaches and players will teach the Saint Mary’s Baseball pitching and catching philosophy.
The pitching and catching camp is a five-week progressive pitching and catching development school. This consists of five, one-hour sessions, done once a week. Groups will be limited to ensure for proper instruction. Sessions consist of:
· Players will go through proper arm care and throwing program daily.
· Variety of drills to teach the fundamentals of pitching and catching.
· Weekly pullpens with SMC Coaches.
· Proper mental approach to pitching and catching.
· Proper stretch and windup technique.
· Pitching stations including catch play, bullpens, drills, PFP's and more..
· Personal Bullpen attention and mechanical work.
GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO CONTINUE TO DEVELOP ARM STRENGTH AND ACCURACY.
CLINIC IS LIMITED TO 25 CAMPERS (with a minimum of 5 Catchers).
4-WEEK HITTING CLINICS Four different sessions to sign up for
Saint Mary’s College baseball is offering a small group hitting camp designed to cover various hitting drills and techniques in-depth for all skill levels. Camp is open to any and all player’s ages 6 through 8th grade will be able to hone there hitting skills. The emphasis of this camp is to teach and refine hitting fundamentals as well as help improve mechanics and to get a lot of swings on a weekly basis. Saint Mary’s assistant coaches and players will teach the Saint Mary’s Baseball way of hitting.
The hitting camp is a four-week progressive hitting school. This consists of four, one-hour sessions, done once a week. Groups will be limited to ensure for proper instruction. Sessions consist of:
· Players will hit on the field each day and utilize the batting cages for drill work.
· Variety of drills to teach the fundamentals of hitting.
· Proper swing mechanics through drill progressions.
· Proper mental approach to hitting to maximize success at the plate.
· Foundation, Balance, Hand-Eye Coordination, Weight Transfer
· Hitting stations including Soft toss, live, tee work, and more.
· Video analysis and breakdown of your swing with a coach.
· 5 TO 1 Camper to Instructor ratio.
GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO CONTINUE TO GET YOUR SWINGS IN THE OFFSEASON
Saint Mary’s Baseball Prospect Camps are a cornerstone of the recruiting process for our program. Our Prospect camp is a very unique way for athletes to not only perform in front of our coaching staff, but also to learn about our great institution. Our camp will include a pro-style workout, Batting Practice, live game situations and much more (all aspects are weather depending). Players will be encouraged to meet and interact with our current SMC players and coaches. Numerous SMC Baseball players were first seen by participating in our prospect camp. Our camps are designed to watch players that are interested in becoming a Gael! The camp will begin at 9:00am (checkin begins at 8:30am) and will go no later than 5:00pm. Lunch will not be provided. We look forward to having you out to camp!!!
At Saint Mary’s Youth Camp you will be receiving instruction, practicing and developing your skills in all aspects of the game, playing games, and having fun playing baseball! Players will be divided into teams by age group and will be practicing and competing against other players of similar age and abilities. Lunch will NOT be provided, however if you bring $5 cash per day lunch will be available. Camp will begin at 9:00am sharp, and ends at approximately 3:00pm.
2 DAY CAMPS
· Grades: 1-8
· Location: Louis Guisto Field- Moraga, CA
· 2 Days of Elite Professional Instruction and Games